A weight-loss programme designed to help you lose weight AND KEEP IT OFF. There are no fad diets and no calorie counting!
(Appointments via zoom or in person when permitted)
I am based in Looe, Cornwall PL13
My ayurveda weight loss is about training your body to burn FAT and detoxify fat from the cells. Most changes will be noticable in the first 2 months, as your energy increases and your mood improves.
This tailored plan can also help women during menopause, which does not have to be as hard as many people think. With the right foods that work in symmetry with your body, hot flushes and mood swings CAN be reduced!
If you are ready and willing to put the work in that I instruct you to do, I can assure you the weight WILL fall off.
The psychological aspect of weight loss is part of long term success
A lot of excess weight can be a cause of emotional eating. My mentoring and guidance will take all this into account. In Ayurveda, we look at your body-mind-spirit type (your dosha) and create a plan based on that.
You may not know it, but there is a secondary gain to your negative actions and I dig deep into your unconscious mind to find out what this is. Once you discover that, you can start to move forward. This section of the coaching is when you really start to feel motivated, empowered and more in control.
As my process is long-term and sustainable, you MUST be ready to commit to 3 to 4 months to this, especially if you have over two stone to lose (12kgs or 26lbs). If you want to lose over 3 stone (19 kgs or 42lbs), you will need to commit to 4 to 6 months to do this in a healthy, controlled way. The key here is that you will need some patience and get to know yourself again and your relationship with food. This is important as we will be addressing negative habits that need to change with the seasons. My holistic approach looks at everything from what time you get up to what time you go to bed and everything in between! Your daily and weekly routines will also be taken into consideration, as well as how you manage your time.
There are NO fad smoothies, shakes or days that you have to suffer without food
I will be introducing you to intermittent fasting but only based on your lifestyle and times or days I feel will give you the best results. I will address excess sugar in the cells and sweet cravings. Overall, you can eat REAL FOOD and you WILL feel full and satisfied afterwards – something most diet-plans do NOT do. Fasting, cleansing and over-eating must be put into balance, depending on how you respond to certain stimuli in the world around you.
Forget counting calories or SINS- that DOES NOT work in the long-term and can drive yourself mad (not to mention the people around you) when it comes to eating or cooking
‘Free foods’ options do not suit everyone and some of them can play havoc on your digestion and just add mucous and blockages to your system
Look no further. The Science of Ayurveda and NLP have the answer to help you get to the weight level you are happy with
It is simple, realistic and achievable AND this time next year you will have kept it in balance with better energy and digestion and less aches and pains. You will have clarity on what you want in life rather than focussing your energy on food and weight issues. I will guide you along every step of the way and most importantly, urge you to change your mindset AND re-train your brain and relationship with food.
Weight loss is not easy for everyone, but I can educate you on how your body works and create a ‘toolbox’ for you based on your lifestyle, demands and emotional tendencies. Believe me, not everyone does well on greens or plant-based diets alone, but we will incorporate the correct ratio of these for you to enjoy.
If you are a women who wants to shed pounds, I would say forget Paleo and Keto for now – whilst the principles are great, it will be difficult for people to digest meat or high protein until we get your gut bacteria and digestion back into optimum health. However, there is some overlap between Ayurveda, Paleo and Western diets to get a full and happy balance with it.
My key to weight loss is to firstly look and address:
- The reason you put it on in the first place-we need to talk about this from the outset and it can be the most difficult part in moving forward
- Your motivation for wanting to lose weight. This is often not addressed in other programmes. It is NOT always about the slimmer body. I often find a mix of motivation such as wanting a partner to be more attracted to them or to have more energy to play with their children or to wear that dress that they absolutely love
- Your particular body type and what foods are best (not just from a nutritional view but from speed of digestion, hot, cold, bulky, dry etc). Everybody is so different that it would be silly to set a general plan for everyone!
- What times you eat based on how you digest and eliminate your food
- Your food cravings and snacking preferences
- The amount of times you eat per day; for example 4 meals, 2 meals etc.
- What time you have ‘supper’. We can look at changing eating times which impact weight gain.
- The difference preferences in foods between you and your partner. I can give you tips to easily tailor this when cooking for different tastes
- Your digestive capacity and metabolism
- Your energy and lymphatic system – sluggish internal organs need a different approach
- The amount of exercise you do, even if this is limited. 10,000 steps is not the way to loose weight!
- Your stress levels and how you manage everyday trials and tribulations-stress contributes to weight gain *
- How you plan your day to get things done
- How much time you have; for example are you juggling children, caring or work etc
- Whether you like cooking or prefer eating out – and yes you CAN eat out with my plan
- How your brain hijacks you NOT to do something
Stress* can lead to weight gain
There is evidence based research to show a link between stress and weight gain. The stress hormone cortisol plays a key role in this. When you are stressed, you release this cortisol and adrenaline from the adrenal glands. Your body needs this to handle a possible perceived ‘threat’. It will not be focussing on digesting food and absorbing nutrients whilst it is trying to keep you alive from an angry bear or tiger (or in the real world a colleague or deadline or self-pressure to do too much!). This causes glucose to be released into the bloodstream. You get energy for a while then crash as blood sugars spike. When this happens, you feel tired and hungry and the cycle starts all over again.
Stress can also cause you to:
- overeat or skip meals – this causes irregularity in the internal digestive process
- become dehydrated as you forget to drink water. You feel tired so crave and eat more sugar and fat
- crave unhealthy foods, mainly the wrong carbs or sugars. If you are not using the energy from sugar, it is converted to fat and stored in the cells for future use. Your body burns sugar before it burns fat so you will never lose weight!
- binge on snacks – not good when you have not digested your last meal as this clogs your system causing aches and pains
- go on fad diets, which can be unhealthy or temporary
- emotionally and mindlessly eat even if you are not hungry – so you are overtaxing the stomach, intestines and liver
- take shallow breaths into the lungs. This reduces your deep breathing into the lower part of the lungs where you get more oxygen and breath out more carbon dioxide. Getting extra oxygen helps you to burn extra fat.
- stress reduces your ability to have good quality sleep. Your brain lymph gets cleaned when you sleep. Research+ shows that 3lb of brain fat can be cleaned from your brain each day!
Weight-loss is a lifestyle change not a short-term fix!
- If it is based on a low calorie diet, it can often be unhealthy and over analysed. Some programmes get you to count calories but with many foods you are replacing fat with sugar!
- If it is based on reducing carbs and having to think about whether a food is a carb or not, it can be draining on your brain. We do not use the word carbs in my diet plan. Food is food and we do not label it.
- Eating for 5 days and not eating for 2 days is not sustainable. You may not be the type of person cannot do fasting or restrictive eating. On the other hand we can assess whether fasting of some sort EVERY DAY could help you. Guided fasting can help the Kapha types. Take a look at a brief overview of Kapha here
- People with great appetites can often be deprived of a good meal if they are on a diet. My protocol states that if you are hungry, then eat. It is that simple. Start loosing the concept of strict breakfast, dinner or tea times. This is part of the problem. If you get HANGRY, then you may have some of the characteristics of the Pitta dosha. I will take this into consideration – remember we are all individual and no one weight loss fits all!
- Do not let old age, hormones or parents genes hold you back as an excuse – they are only a small contributing factor to your weight and health.
- If you have over-indulged or eaten late at night then fast for a period of hours which I can determine for you. You will be allowed pitfalls as you travel through this journey with me.
- I will also introduce you to a variety of recipes and a meal replacement that is a delicious detoxifier, anti-inflammatory and very nourishing.
Never start trying to lose weight or go on a detox in January
You are setting yourself up for failure. If you started a detox or weight loss in January and find that you are now “falling off the wagon”, it is a sign that you cannot do it alone and may need some help with a mentor or coach. In Winter, your body needs warm, comforting and calm foods and routines. This is to keep you warm from the elements outside as you store fat for energy in Spring. Stay away from cold foods as they will upset your digestion.
If you start to make changes in Spring or later in the year such as Autumn, you will have a better chance at success for the rest of the year.
My suggested plan would be something along the lines of:
- Book your FREE telephone consultation to have a chat first and find out more – 07903 215524 – also on Whats App
email: Christine@makingyouhealthier.com or find me on Facebook–> https://www.facebook.com/makingyouhealthier
- Receive your paperwork from me to complete and return
- Book your 1st session over zoom or in person -this will start you with a diet plan based on the results of your paperwork and consultation
- Receive your written protocol which will include a full holistic approach
- Set your start date and begin your weight loss programme
- Incorporate ayurvedic herbs into the programme – these will only be administered on individual circumstances (these are an extra cost but will be fully explained before you and I make a decision)
- Complete a detox programme of either 3 or 7 days
- Follow through on all of your sessions and the phases advised in your protocol
- Receive on-going mentoring from me as you start to change habits and lose weight. I will also guide you as the seasons change and your programme will change
- Once you have reached your target weight, consider booking in for ‘maintenance’, motivation and inspiration to keep you going when things become difficult or challenging
- £50.00 for your first 1 hour 10 minute consultation and assessment
- £50.00 per hour thereafter to re-assess, monitor progress and change what is not working
- £15 for regular half hour telephone follow up calls to answer any questions or concerns and motivate you to keep on track.
- We review and reassess at every session so you are continually moving forward towards your weight-loss goal
If you want a quick fix, then I will not be the person for you. However, if you are fed up repeating the same old patterns and not getting results, then I will be the perfect mentor for you, but only if you are prepared to take control and really work at it.
I look forward to working with you
+ British Medical Journal – 2019