My weight-loss programme is designed to help you lose weight AND KEEP IT OFF. There are no fad diets here!
If you are ready and willing to put the work in that I instruct you to do, I can assure you, the weight will fall off. The key here is that you will need some patience and get to know yourself again.
As the process is long-term and sustainable, you MUST be ready to commit 6 months to this, especially if you have over two stone to lose. This is important as your brain and habits will need to change. The changes in the seasons will also be key as you need to change what you eat based on the power or slow-down of our natural digestion (just like our ancestors did). If you are the type of person that “is always on a diet” or has always been a bit overweight in your younger years, then you need to look into the dosha types of Ayurveda. Chances are that your kapha plays a dominant role and you will always be a bit ‘bigger’. However, finding ways to manage the emotional eating and increase in weight at certain times of the year will be key for you.
I will guide you along every step of the way and most importantly, urge you to change your mindset AND re-train your brain and relationship with food.
Weight loss is not easy for everyone, but I can educate you on how your body works and create a ‘toolbox’ for you based on your lifestyle, demands and emotional tendencies. Believe me, not everyone does well on greens or plant-based diets alone. We need to find the best plan for you.
There are NO fad smoothies, shakes or days that you have suffer without food. You can eat REAL FOOD and you WILL feel full and satisfied afterwards – something most diet-plans do NOT do. Fasting and over-eating must be put into balance depending on how you as a person and how you respond to certain stimuli in the world around you. My mentoring and guidance will take all this into account.
Forget counting calories or SINS- that DOES NOT work long-term and can drive you and people around mad when it comes to eating or cooking.
If you are a women who wants to shed pounds I would say forget Paleo and Keto for now – whilst the principles are great, it will be difficult for people to digest meat or high protein until we get your gut bacteria and digestion back into optimum health. However, there is some overlap between Ayurveda, Paleo and Western diets to get a full and happy balance with it. This is especially important during menopause, which does not have to be as hard as many people think. With the right foods that work in symmetry with your body, hot flushes and mood swings CAN be reduced!
My key to weight loss is to firstly look and address:
- The reason you put it on in the first place-we need to talk about this from the outset and it can be the most difficult part in moving forward
- Your particular body type and what foods are best (not just from a nutritional view but from hot, cold, bulky, dry etc)
- What times you eat based on how you digest and eliminate your meals
- Your energy and lymphatic system – sluggish internal organs need a different approach
- The amount of exercise you do or do not do to suit your body
- Your stress levels and how you manage everyday trials and tribulations
- How you plan your time and your day to get things done
- How your brain hijacks you NOT to do something
Weight-loss is a lifestyle change not a short-term fix!
- If it is based on a low calorie diet, it can often be unhealthy as you can just count calories and replace fat with sugar!
- If it is based on reducing carbs and having to think about whether a food is carb or not – it can be draining everytime you are hungry or crave something!
- If it is based on 5 days of eating and 2 days not – rubbish. You may not be the type of person can do fasting or restrictive eating. On the other hand we can assess whether fasting of some sort EVERY DAY could help you. Why fast if you are hungry or prone to being HANGRY (a prominent characteristic of the Pitta dosha!).
- Do not let old age, hormones or parents genes hold you back as an excuse – they are only a small contributing factor to your weight and health.
- When your stomach grumbles because it needs food then feed it. If you have over-indulged or eaten late at night then fast for a period of hours which I can determine for you. I will show you the best times and type of fasting to do, once again, depending on your own unique lifestyle and demands.
Never start trying to loose weight or go on a detox in January. You are setting yourself up for failure. As it is still winter, your body needs warm, comforting and calm foods and routines. This is to keep you warm from the elements outside as you store fat for energy in Spring. Stay away from cold foods as they will upset your digestion. If you start to make changes in Spring, you will have a better chance at success. Remember, we need to slow down and hibernate a bit during the colder weather, just like our ancesters did when food was in less supply.
So look no further. Ayurveda and NLP in my coaching session have the answer to just being the best version of yourself and getting the life you want. You may not want to be a stick insect but you might want to lose one, two, three or four stone – simple, realistic and achievable AND in 1 years time you will have kept it in balance AND you will have better energy and less aches to focus on what you really love.
Working with me to lose weight will consider your:
A. Human Brain Behaviour
B. Your body and characteristics – they play more of a role as an individual approach is absolutely key – one diet DOES NOT FIT ALL.
C. The microbiome of your gut – how you process, store and excrete your food. I can do simple tests to look at this but it plays a key role in your health.
D. The time you have – we cannot set a specific exercise or eating plan that works for everyone to lose weight. That is madness. What about the job the person has, the other commitments that must be carried out, the poor digestion for meat, any existing exhaustion or lymphatic blockages causing energy drains, past illnesses, stress levels, sleep patterns. These all play a role in what you eat, your mood and your time.
You may not know it, but there is a secondary gain to your negative actions and I dig deep into your unconscious mind to find out what this is. Once you find that out, you can start to move forward. This section of the coaching is when you really start to feel motivated, empowered and in more control. Your freedom starts from this point onwards.
Sessions are £50.00 for 70 minutes. Part of this includes regular half hour telephone follow up to monitor what is not quite working and what is working well. Motivation and support are key to weight loss. We review and reassess at every session so you are continually moving forward towards your weight-loss and life goal.
If you want to dig deeper into finding out everything you need to know about why you gain weight from an Ayurveda Science view, then book up onto my retreat in Croatia in 2020 and come back a new person.
Otherwise book a FREE telephone consultation to have a chat and find out more